In the heat of a Mount Pleasant, SC summer, your comfort depends on a well-functioning cooling system. The last thing you want is for the equipment to give up the ghost when you most need it. Fortunately, air conditioners usually send out warning signals before they come to the end of their service life. From unexpected noises to problems with performance, these telltale signs can indicate it’s time to consider a new AC installation.
Properly operating AC units are relatively quiet, so it’s important to pay attention when the system produces new noises. Some sounds are caused by issues that can be rectified with prompt AC repairs. Left neglected, these noisy problems can lead to a full-system replacement:
- Whistling Noises: A dirty or clogged filter inhibits airflow, forcing air to compress and whistle as it enters the system. Frequent filter changes can eliminate whistling noises and protect the equipment from damaging dirt.
- Rattles and Thumps: A worn belt or bearing can make the blower motor thump, clang and rattle. Parts that come loose or break can cause irreparable damage to the motor.
- Ear-Piercing Screeches: Sudden squeals and screams coming from the outdoor unit typically indicate a failing compressor. The cost of replacing the compressor can make a new AC installation the better option.
Odd sounds emanating from the duct system should be investigated as well. Excessive airflow, undersized ducts and pressure variations cause wear and tear to the entire system.
An air conditioning system that fails to keep you comfortable is a good candidate for replacement. These performance problems can be a sign that your AC is on its last legs:
- The system cycles on and off frequently.
- Some rooms in your home stay cooler than others.
- Airflow feels weak and ineffective.
- The AC fails to maintain desired temperatures.
- Humidity problems make the air feel sticky or clammy.
Rising Energy Bills In Mount Pleasant, SC
Any AC malfunction impacts the energy efficiency of the entire system. Faulty equipment forces your air conditioner or heat pump to run longer and work harder, driving up cooling costs. Problems are compounded when critical parts like the evaporator coils, compressor and motor begin to fail. An air conditioner that’s reaching the end of its lifespan can send your monthly utility bills skyrocketing.
Frequent AC Repairs
Well-maintained air conditioning systems can operate for many years without any issues. Should any problems occur, timely repairs from AC Heating and Air Conditioning Services can extend the service life of the system. Whatever type of equipment you own, minor repairs like fixing a clogged drain line are always worthwhile. If you’ve had more than two major repairs, however, an energy-efficient replacement offers a smarter solution. It doesn’t make sense to continue to spend money on problematic equipment.
Age of the System
If your existing AC system is more than 10 years old, a new installation offers significant savings. Thanks to stricter energy efficiency requirements, today’s high-tech AC systems cost far less to operate than their older counterparts. Many come equipped with a host of comfort-enhancing features too, including multiple-speed compressors that adjust automatically to meet your cooling needs.
New AC Installations in Charleston
When it comes to replacing your Mount Pleasant, SC cooling system, proper installation is critical. In fact, poorly installed equipment can lower system efficiency by up to 30 percent. Serving Charleston and the surrounding area since 1970, AC Heating and Air Conditioning Services is the company to call for quality results.
Find out why more than 6,800 satisfied customers trust their comfort needs to our experienced technicians. Explore our full range of AC services or contact us today.