AC Installation Services for the Greater Charleston Area
Air conditioners are made to last, but even the best-built units will eventually need to be replaced. Whether you’re changing out an existing air conditioner or building a new house, you can count on the pros at AC Heating and Air Conditioning Services to keep your family cool and comfortable all summer long.
When is it Time to Buy a New AC System?
Homeowners often fail to identify the warning signs that signal a serious AC equipment problem is imminent. Even units that seem to be running well may have hidden deficiencies. If you’re noticing any of the following issues, it could be time to consider buying a new air conditioner:
- Comfort Deficits: The main purpose of your air conditioning system is to keep the living area comfortable. If certain rooms in your home are always warm and muggy, your AC equipment may be improperly sized or operationally impaired.
- Mounting Utility Costs: Are your summer electric bills rising every year? It might be weather-related, but your AC unit could be losing capacity. Over time, efficiency declines, especially for equipment that hasn’t been properly maintained. You could save hundreds of dollars every year by installing a high efficiency model.
- Aging Equipment: Most central air conditioners run reliably for 10-15 years, but the introduction of advanced technology continues to raise efficiency and lower operating costs. A new air conditioning installation could actually pay for itself over the lifetime of the equipment.
- Rising Repair Costs: If your AC unit keeps breaking down, you may need comprehensive air conditioning installation service. A non-warranty compressor failure isn’t worth fixing, and you should consider purchasing a new high efficiency model.
Considering a New Air Conditioner Purchase?
If you feel a bit overwhelmed as you explore the many options and features available on new air conditioners, you’re not alone. Our in-home consultants can help you find the perfect AC system to fit your budget and performance expectations. Here are a few things to consider when looking for a new air conditioner:
- Sizing: In the world of air conditioners, bigger isn’t necessarily better. Our designers always run a full set of load calculations on your home to ensure your AC unit provides the right amount of conditioned air to keep your family comfortable in all weather conditions.
- SEER Rating: The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) is a rating system developed to provide an easy way to compare the efficiency of different models and brands of equipment. A higher SEER rated unit will cost less to operate.
- Air Conditioner Options: Upgrades like variable speed blowers, inverter compressors and advanced controls provide the ultimate in performance. Trane is the industry leader in the development of leading-edge air conditioning products.
Comprehensive Air Conditioning Installation Service
If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of installing a new AC system for your Charleston, Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, Sullivan’s Island, Isle of Palms, Daniel Island, James Island, West Ashley or Folly Beach, SC home, call AC Heating and Air Conditioning Services for a free system evaluation.